Have you ever tasted a home grown potato? They are delicious! Potatoes are easy to grow and can even be grown in a large container if you don’t have a garden.
All you need are some old potatoes that are starting to sprout and you can grow heaps of your own delicious home grown potatoes.
1. You’ll need some sprouted old potatoes – preferably organic but not necessary. You can also buy sprouted potatoes from a nursery.
2. Cut your potatoes in chunks so there are 2 to 3 eyes of sprouting on each piece.
3. Leave them out to dry for two days before planting.
4. Plant with the sprout facing up and near the top of the soil.
5. Cover the potato patch with hay and water well and the plants will start to grow.
6. Once the plants have flowered and are falling down, it is time to dig up your potatoes.
7. Store your potatoes in a dry cool place and enjoy eating your harvest.
Have you ever grown your own potatoes? Please add your comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.comWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.