It is so cute to see little boys in ties when they are off to a party but it can be hard to find ones that are fun and also match their outfit. Solution, make your own!
What you’ll need:
- 20cms of fabric of choice
- light interfacing material
- a button
- needle and thread
- Using the FREE PDF pattern (in the link above), cut 2 tie shapes and 2 tie tops from your material and one of each from interfacing.
- Iron interfacing onto the back one of the tie and tie top pieces.
- With right sides together, sew the edges of the tie together, leaving the top open.
- Trim the excess material away at point before turning the right way.
- With right sides together, sew 3 sides of the tie top, then turn right side out.
- Create a pleat with the top of your tie and then sew the tie onto bottom edge of the tie top you left open.
- Fold the tie top and sew it to the back of the tie too, creating a loop.
- Iron your tie.
- Measure elastic around kids neck and sew a button on one end and cut a buttonhole at the other end.
- Slide the elastic through the loop of the tie and it’s ready for wearing.
You could easily make up a variety of ties for the kids and you could even make both sides of the tie different to make it more versatile.
Give it a try and let me know how you go. Please add comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com