It doesn’t have to be Anzac Day to enjoy an Anzac biscuit, they are a tasty treat all year round and this recipe makes the perfect chewy Anzac biscuit.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- orange zest (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Sift flour into a bowl, add the oats, coconut and brown sugar and mix.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, golden syrup and 3 tablespoons of water together over a medium heat until melted. Remove from heat and add in the bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture, add the vanilla extract and orange zest and stir until combined.
- Roll small balls of the mixture and place on lined trays and press with a fork to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 mins or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand on trays for 5 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely on wire racks.
Note: when these are removed from the oven they will still be soft, but they do harden up.
Watch the video for easy to follow visual instructions:
What’s your favourite biscuit?
PLEASE share with us in the comments below
Image and video credit: YouTube