These butterfly wings are easy to make and are the most beautiful dress up for your kids to enjoy.
What you’ll need:
- Black felt 1m x 1m
- White poster cardboard
- Orange felt and white felt
- Black elastic
- Black thread and needle
- Tape measure
- Measure the distance from the middle of your child’s back to their hand when their arm is outstretched.
- Draw half of a wing shape on the cardboard making it as wide as your measured length.
- Cut the shape out.
- Fold your black felt in half and place your wing template on the felt. The middle of the wing template should be on the folded edge of the felt. Pin cardboard in place.
- Cut out your wings and unpin your cardboard.
- Cut out orange and white shapes to decorate your wings and glue in place.
- Use your leftover black felt to cut out a body for your butterfly and stick in place.
- Sew your elastic in the middle at the top of the wings. Length should be long enough for child to wear on their shoulders, length will vary for each child.
- Sew two loops of elastic on the ends of the wings to attach to the child’s thumbs.
- The wings are ready to wear.
How beautiful are these!?
Would your kids love these butterfly wings?
SHARE with us in the comments below
Image credit: Pinterest