Here is a simple way to make DIY mason jar candles!
What you’ll need:
Soy wax flakes, candle pouring pot, wicks, sticks to hold wicks, wooden spoon, thick glass jars (optional: essential oil for scent and wax colourant for colour)
- Stick the wick in the bottom of your jars.
- Place sticks on top of your jar to hold your wick in place.
- Melt 500 grams of wax flakes per jar on low (for an average jar size 5 inches by 3 inches). The white wax will look yellow once melted.
- If you want to add scent, add 28 grams of essential oil per jar. Add colour if you wish, following instructions on packet.
- Take pot off the stove and leave to cool for half an hour or until the wax is a slushie consistency.
- Pour wax carefully into jars to set, leave for 24 hours.
7. Trim wick to 1 and a 1/2 cms
8. Decorate your jar if you wish.
9. Your candle is now ready to burn or give as a gift.
Candle making is on my craft list for this year, I’d love to make some for gifts and some for myself.
Try it out and let me know how you go. Please add comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com