Shopping online is always a fun experience. With a virtually unlimited number of choice with great prices, sales and offers it is difficult not to be lured into the plethora of available sites.
Most women who shop online for their clothes normally know their dress size, but a good number of them are not aware of their full body measurements. Non-standardized sizing at the different online stores are confusing enough, but not knowing your own body measurements will create a disaster if you want to shop online.
First off, you must understand that the best way to shop online and buy only those dresses that truly fit is to know your body measurements and also stick to shopping at online stores that provide good clothing measurements. It is noteworthy that online stores with well-detailed clothing measurements take size and its fitness more seriously.
Now, if you want to receive and unpack clothes that fit you perfectly, then it is important to think before you click. So get your own body size!
Here’s how to measure your body size:
What do you need?
1. A tailor’s measuring tape (soft, flexible fabric looking ones)
2. In a situation where you don’t have a measuring tape, find a thin rope. Use it to take points, then measure those points with a ruler.
3. A pencil and paper for notes
Upper Body – For tops, shirts, tees, tunics, blouse, cardigans
1. Measure your bust size, which is the fullest part of your chest. This should be measured with your favorite bra on and also remember to do the measurement with your arms down. Bust size.
2. Measure your shoulders from tip to tip, here you may need assistance – maybe from a friend. Shoulder length.
3. Wrap the measuring tape around the smallest part of your waist (midsection) and measure. Waist size.
4. Knowing how the armholes fit a particular top always comes in handy, so measure your upper arms (bicep area). Arm.
Match up all your measurements with the chart below to find the best fit.
Lower Body – For pants, tights, skirts
1. Measure your waist at the slimmest part of your midsection.
2. To get the actual circumference of your hips, measure the widest part. If you’re confused and do not know where this is, try around 6-7 inches below your waist.
3. For the length of your inseam, which is the inside part of your leg from the crotch to the feet. Measure the distance from the top of the inside of your thigh to the base of your anklebone. This measurement will make you know whether you need your pants hemmed or not or if it is just too short for our height.
4. Pay attention to the rise of the bottoms you plan to buy. If it is a low rise pants or tight, then the waist size provided for it would be larger depending on how low it rests on your hips.
This is simply how retailers measure the clothing they stock. And by understanding how manufacturers or retailers measure the clothing pieces and acknowledging your own body measurements, hopefully, the next time you buy something online, that piece should fit you to a T!
Well, you are now ready to take on the women’s clothes online shopping world by storm!
Happy shopping ladies!
Please remember that if you want to find clothes that totally fits you when it arrives in the mail, opt for a Women’s Fashion Online Clothing Store that takes measurement details seriously.