Dried fruit is a great healthy snack for the kids and it doesn’t have to cost a fortune.
You can make your own at home from your fresh fruit and using your oven!
- Choose ripe fruit.
- Wash your chosen fruit well and remove any pips, skin (on some fruits, others can be left on) or blemishes.
- Preheat your oven to 80 degrees celsius.
- Place fruit pieces on trays lined with baking paper.
- The fruits will take between 4 and 8 hours to dry. The thinner you cut your pieces, the quicker they will dry. Dried fruit should be chewy not squishy or crunchy so keep an eye on it.
- Remove the trays from the oven and leave to stand overnight.
- Place fruit in airtight jars to store.
I am going to try this as I love dried fruit and it’s a great snack for the kids.
Try it out and let me know how you go. Please add comment below.
Main image courtesy of Shutterstock.com