Kinetic sand is fun but it is expensive. There is a solution, you can make your own for a fraction of the cost and it’s actually surprisingly easy.
What you’ll need:
- 5 cups of sand
- 1.2 cups of corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of dish liquid
- 1 cup of water approximately
- 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil (optional)
- Put 5 cups of play sand in a container (take from your sandpit or buy a packet at a hardware store)
- Add 1.2 cups of corn flour and mix.
- Mix 3/4 a cup of water with 1/2 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid and 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil (optional). (The tea tree oil is antibacterial and will keep it smelling fresh and lasting longer).
- If your sand was very dry when you started you may need to add another 1/4 cup of water. If your homemade kinetic sand is too wet, just leave it out and it will dry.
- Store in an airtight container.
Try it and let me know how you go. Please add comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com