Do you have some old textas at home that don’t work and are ready to be thrown out? STOP! Follow these easy instructions and make some watercolour paint for the kids.
We throw out so many textas at our house, I never knew that I could actually use them to make watercolour paint! So I had to share, it works amazingly well.
What you’ll need:
- Old textas
- Glass jars
- Sort out your textas that don’t work anymore in to similar colour groups – eg, red and pink, orange and yellow.
- Fill jars (as many as needed) half way with water and add textas in colour groups upside down with no lids on.
- Leave the textas soaking in water for a week.
- Your paints are ready to use, pour a small amount out into ice cube trays, dilute with a few drops of water if needed.
- Store the leftover paint in the jars sealed tight.
What a great activity for the kids, not only do my kids love painting, I think they will enjoy watching the paint being made. I’ll definitely be making this over the school holidays with all our old textas.
Do you have some old textas lying around at home you can make paint with? SHARE your thoughts with us in the comments below.
Main image source: ShutterstockWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.