Paper Mache is a fun activity to do and it’s a lot less sticky for the kids if you make your own paste without PVA glue.
It’s easy, quick, works just as well and you can make it today from ingredients in your pantry.
- 2 cups of cold water
- 3/4 of a cup of flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Put 1 cup of water in a saucepan and bring it to the boil.
- While this is boiling, whisk 1 cup of water with 3/4 of a cup of flour.
- When the water boils, add in the water/flour mix and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Leave it until it’s cool enough to use.
- Get crafting. Cut or rip strips of paper or newspaper and make layers (drying between each layer). Balloons are the easiest to start with, make planets or a hot air balloon; the possibilities are endless.
Give it a try and let me know how you go. Please add your comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com