I love poached eggs, my husband makes amazing poached eggs but mine always fail so I thought I’d better learn.
What you’ll need:
- White vinegar
- Fresh eggs
- Place 3 inches of water in your pot, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to the water.
- Bring water to the boil then turn down to simmer.
- Crack your egg into a bowl then tip gently into water. A tip – hold your bowl just above the water surface, so it has less distance to fall.
- With a spoon gently push the egg whites close to the yolk.
- Remove egg with a slotted spoon to help drain the water after 2/3 minutes if you want the egg runny or 5 minutes for a well cooked one.
- Eat your egg on toast or as desired.
Can you poach eggs? Any tips to share? Please add your comments below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com