Did you know children aged 1-3 years are most at risk of accidental poisoning?
One mum shares how her 3yr old daughter took about 30 tablets earlier this year.
Stevie Niki shared her daughter was only gone for seconds when she climbed up to the medicine cupboard and took the pills from the cupboard. Thankfully they were melatonin tablets.
More than 5000 children are admitted to hospital each year in Australia for medicine poisoning.
Submitting your rating…
A new campaign and important reminder for parents that storage of expired and unwanted medicines in the home can be dangerous and unsafe disposal of unwanted medicines can lead to environmental damage.
There is a free and convenient way to dispose of your unwanted medicines responsibly via your local pharmacy, and it’s called Return Unwanted Medicines (or The RUM Project).
When did you last go through your medicine cabinet? What’s inside can be dangerous! Please check it today.
Share your comments below.