WARNING: Do NOT read if attempting a New Years diet! Want the perfect dessert to serve on Australia Day? Look no further than this GIANT Tim Tam cake, it’s easy to make, delicious and is sure to impress your family and friends.
- 6 eggs separated
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 295g caster sugar
- 5g salt
- 110g plain flour
- 110g cornflour
- 90g cocoa powder
- 125g butter
- 200g cream cheese
- 400g icing sugar
- 200g milk chocolate
- 150ml cream
- Separate your eggs into two bowls.
- To the yokes add 2 tsp of vanilla and beat for a minute then add in 175g of caster sugar.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt until you get soft peaks. Gradually add in 120g of caster sugar.
- Add the plain and corn flour to the yoke mixture and beat until combined. Add 40g cocoa powder and combine.
- Gradually add the egg white mix to the flour mixture, stirring lightly to combine.
- Pour mixture into square or rectangular cake tin and bake at 180 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool in tin.
- Cut cake in half so you have two large rectangles.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, 1 tps vanilla extract until combined. Add icing sugar and 40g cocoa powder and mix.
- Place icing onto one of cakes and place other cake on top.
- Melt your chocolate and once melted, stir in the cream.
- Cover cake in the ganache.
What’s your family’s favourite dessert?
PLEASE share with us in the comments below
Image and video credit: YouTube