This is a super easy and fun craft where the kids can make their own dinosaur eggs and then hatch them too! Brilliant.
What you’ll need:
- plastic baby dinosaurs
- baking soda
- food colouring (optional)
- white vinegar
- Mix baking soda with a few drops of food colouring if desired. Slowly add water until the mixture is damp and mouldable but not too wet.
- Place some of the dough in your hand and place a baby dinosaur on top of it and then cover with more dough to make an egg. Repeat if you want more than one egg.
- Leave the eggs to dry overnight.
- Place the eggs in the garden and get the kids to hatch them. The kids can chip away at the egg with a stick to find the dinosaur or give them a spray bottle filled with white vinegar and the egg will dissolve away and hatch.
What a brilliant and fun activity for the kids to do! I really love this.
Did you try it? Please add your comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com