Netflix has become one of the hottest streaming services around with over 137.1 million users worldwide.
There are many exclusive Netflix shows which makes it unique and marketable to families everywhere.
But increased content means increased risks of kids being exposed to shows that are concerning and inappropriate for their age group.
So how can you monitor what your kids are watching?
The first and most obvious is to watch Netflix with your kids and only allow them to watch when you are in the room.
Alternatively, Netflix allows you to put in parental controls – that way the content your kids are allowed to watch is monitored even when you aren’t around.
Here is how:
1. Account-level (hard controls)
Require a PIN for specific maturity ratings
- Set a 4-digit PIN that must be entered to play any TV show or movie above a selected maturity level, on any profile. A PIN ensures your child does not watch content rated above your selected maturity level.
Require a PIN for specific TV shows or movies
- Set a 4-digit PIN that must be entered to play a specific TV series or movie, on any profile. A PIN ensures your child does not watch that particular TV series or movies.
2. Profile-level (soft controls)
Choose a maturity level for a profile
- Set a maturity level for a particular profile to control the TV shows and movies available for that profile. You, the parent or guardian, ensure your child uses only the correct profile.(source: Netflix.com)
Are you already using parental controls? Will you use parental controls on Netflix?