Hello!

9 Comments

There’s been a massive outpouring of grief and support from Australia and beyond for a Tasmanian  family whose little boy choked on a small ball.

A GoFund Me page set up by a family friend said Alby was playing with party favours ahead of his fourth birthday party, when he choked to death on a small bouncy ball.

The ball became stuck in his windpipe, preventing his ability to breathe, and in a matter of seconds, despite his mama’s frantic attempts to save him, he passed away in her arms.

People from around the world have donated nearly $200,000 to the Davis family.

The family wrote about the tragedy in a social media post which read: “Yesterday afternoon, our beautiful, beautiful Alby, our darling boy, grew wings and flew from this earth. “Minutes pass like hours and the gaping hole in our lives and hearts is completely incomprehensible. “We adore you beyond belief our sweet little fox. Forever three, forever free.”

It’s prompted renewed warnings about household hazards from KidsSafe Tasmania which says parenting is the world’s “toughest job”.

Jenny Branch-Allen, CEO of KidsSafe Tasmania, said parenting was the world’s “toughest job”.

“Our condolences go out to the family, this is a very tragic time for them. We are thinking of them,” she said. “Young children are always experimenting, especially under five, and choking is a real hazard.

“It’s a big challenge for parents and parenting is the world’s toughest job. Anything smaller than the size of a 50 cent piece is a potential choking hazard.”

Their heartbreaking story has been shared across social media in support of the grieving family who’s major income is from dad who works as a relief teacher (with no income if he isn’t working), and mum running her own business.

Our love and thoughts are with the family. Such a terrible tragedy. Heartbreaking.

You can offer your support to the family on the Gofundme page HERE.

Share your comments below.

Image via gofundme

  • So tragic !
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of this precious boy.


    • My 4 year old still sticks anything and everything in her mouth, it is truly scary.

    Reply

  • I’m saddened to read this. I’m so grateful my children have nev er been given toys that small.

    Reply

  • Sending heartfelt love and wishes to the family
    A tragic accident So sad. RIP little man

    Reply

  • How absolutely heartbreaking for this family. My own four year old son loves bouncy balls. I can’t imagine what they’re going through.

    Reply

  • It’s just awful, things you just don’t consider as life threatening. A bouncy ball….how many kids have played with these bouncy balls?! Just heart wrenching

    Reply

  • Oh sweetie. How horrendous. He had the most beautiful smile.
    I wish all the strength possible to his family. :-(

    Reply

  • So so horrendous. Greatest sympathy to the family.

    Reply

  • A horrible tragedy. R.I.P. Alby

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join