Mud, Mud, glorious mud. Just like a PT makes you do lunges to sweat, tone and sculpt so does a good mud mask for your face.
Mud masks (made from clay) have always been that occasional product, never making the regular routine because in our ever busy lives we don’t think we have 10 mins for a bit of relaxation. Maybe we should rethink this and make a weekly mud mask ritual. It will have long lasting effects for our skin and soul.
Mud or clay masks detox, tone, decongest, draw, clear, smooth and minimise pores for every type of skin you can think of. They are not just for those who need to get rid of pimples. You just need to know what mud suits your skin.
There many different types but here is a quick guide to Clay.
- Green Clay – Very strong. Best used as a spot treatment for those naughty pimples
- White Clay – The all-rounder. Good for normal, combination and oily skin.
- Pink Clay – Soft and gentle. It is the go-to clay for mature skin and sensitive skin with great toning, firming and balancing properties.
- Red Clay – Regeneration. Best for mature skin because of its mineral content which conditions and rejuvenates skin.
- Yellow Clay – Another all-rounder but focuses on toning, exfoliating and cleansing without over drying.
So as you can see all have their benefits. When blended with certain herbal and fruit extracts the benefits you will experience can be addictive.
Hot tip – Don’t use a mud mask the day before a big event because they do bring impurities to the surface which can result in spots. You were going to get the spot anyway, the mud mask just fast-forwarded the process.
So who’s up for getting a little dirty every week?
Ohh, I nearly forgot to mention that since clay stimulates circulation and tones the skin they can help your fight against cellulite!
Here are 3 places where you can get your mineral clay fix. Each mask comes with an application brush and mask mixing bowl to give you a complete day spa experience at home.
- ‘Pig In Mud’ Mineral Mask (40g) from Happy Skincare RRP $24.75
- Active Mask (100g) from Brooklan Tree RRP $53.50
- Active Clay Masks (100g) from MV Organics RRP $63.00