TRAGIC NEWS: An Indian woman who was bitten by a snake in her sleep and then unknowingly breastfed her poisoned milk to her daughter has died along with the child.
The 35-year-old woman from Uttar Pradesh did not realise she had been bitten when she woke and breastfed her daughter, reports Yahoo 7.
The three-year-old girl and the mother fell ill on Thursday and both died before they could reach hospital, police inspector Vijay Singh said.
The family spotted the snake in another room but the creature escaped.
What a tragic situation. Our thoughts are with the family.
Share your comments below.