Hello!

22 Comments

A Sydney toddler accidentally swallowed a life-threatening amount of ice from a discarded pipe in the family home.

The two year old child’s mother told doctors he had ingested paint thinner when he arrived at hospital and began having seizures in December 2016.

But tests confirmed the boy was suffering a toxic reaction to a cocktail of drugs – including methamphetamine and GHB – and his mum’s lies delayed his treatment, shares Yahoo 7.

The 37-year-old woman was on Tuesday spared jail time after being handed a two-year good behaviour bond at Penrith Local Court.

An AVO was also taken out against her on behalf of her son with the magistrate ordering no contact except as approved by the Family and Community Services Minister.

The young boy now lives with his grandmother who was also present in court on Tuesday.

Share your comments below.

Getty image

We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.
  • I am glad that the child was not left with her and hopefully he was brought up in a loving home with his grandmother.

    Reply

  • So sorry for this young boy – what a world to grow up in. These days it’s never ‘my fault – it’s someone else’s’. Wish this was still the Australia I grew up in.

    Reply

  • Wow…a good behaviour bond. Is that it? I’m sure she’s really sorry for what she’s done now. Probably still gets visiting rights and is probably still on drugs.

    Reply

  • she should have had a sentance not good behavior bond if she has illicit drugs and she coulld have killed her child. She is probably laughing with her friends for getting off scot free. That she also lied and knew what her child had taken,,,

    Reply

  • I’m glad she has lost custody of him. He could have died and then she lied as well further delaying treatment. Hope all goes well with the rest of his life.

    Reply

  • How is that not negligence, failure to protect a minor, using illegal substances, possession of illegal substances and paraphernalia and attempted manslaughter… just awful… that mother has no respect for her child and obviously someone’s addiction comes before that precious toddler’s life. The system is messed up but thankfully the innocent child is out of that situation and hopefully won’t be subject to that kind of behaviour with its grandmother…

    Reply

  • Thank goodness he is okay. This could have ended up so much more tragically with his death.

    Reply

  • She could have killed him by lying. Lock her up!

    Reply

  • So glad this little boy is okay and out of his mother’s care. She needs serious help.

    Reply

  • There is too much leniency these days. A good behaviour bond? Really? Not only was she doing illegal drugs, she left her gear where her child could get it and then lied to try and get out of trouble — how many things does a person need to do wrong before the system will punish them for their actions? What a joke.

    Reply

  • I also agree with the comment below …and wish this little lad all the best.

    Reply

  • Should have had the book thrown at her! It’s just lucky that her lies didn’t cost the poor boy his life.

    Reply

  • She should have been given harsher punishment. Glad the boy is with someone who will care for him in a good way

    Reply

  • The child shouldn’t be around drugs let alone have the chance to ingest them! Disgusting!

    Reply

  • A genuine ccident, I guess, but a very sad set of circumstances.

    Reply

  • Oh dear hope baby is ok

    Reply

  • I hope Community Services will follow this case and that the mother will be allowed around the child just when she is clean from drugs. That little child could have died. :-(

    Reply

  • Absolutely disgusting! The selfishness if this mother to not only have this drug in her house, to not only be using it when she should be supporting and caring for a child, but also to leave it where the 2 yo can get it. And turn to risk bubs life even more by lying about it, delaying treatment. Vile human being!!!

    Reply

  • Glad to see he is safe now with his grandmother!

    Reply

  • Heartbreaking but I hope the little boy is ok now.

    Reply

Post a comment

To post a review please join us or login so we can allocate your points.

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by your browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join