Concerned mum shares how her baby daughter choked on the stuffing of a popular toy. She hopes her warning saves other families.
Kath Milroy Pattingale wrote on her Facebook page about the scary experience of her 7-month-old daughter Maddison choking on the stuffing of a Lamaze doll.
She wrote, “A couple of nights ago Maddison (7 months) started to choke!
Thank goodness we were right next to her and Waz was able to help her. She’d choked on plastic stuffing from the back of this Lamaze doll The stitching on the back had come undone and the crinkly noise it makes is because it’s stuffed with cellophane which she’d ripped and got stuck in her throat (she doesn’t have any teeth yet).
We’ve got a lot of these Lamaze toys and they’ve been the kind of toys that I’ve trusted to leave with the girls in the car seat, pram, play mat, etc and to be honest I’d never thought twice about the safety of them.
Please please please check the stitching on yours.
I wasn’t sure whether to post anything about this, but I’d never forgive myself if I heard of another baby choking on these toys and I’d kept quiet.
I’ve contacted Lamaze twice and they’ve not even given me the courtesy of a reply.
Please share so that other mums can check their toys and we can prevent another child choking.”
Kath has since been made aware of at least two other dolls that also had lose stitching. She is waiting for a Lamaze representative to contact her.
We are so glad her little bubba was OK! So very scary. Please check your bubbas toys and make sure they are safe.
Share your comments below