The iconic and much-loved Australian children’s brand, Pink Poppy shares some of their invaluable party planning tips, tricks and insights, as the 2013 party season “opens”…
Spring has certainly SPRUNG, and how delightful it is to smell the scent of new blooms, feel the warmth of the morning air and hear the giggle of happy children as they play in the afternoon sun! Spring also marks the beginning of “party season”. With children’s parties on the increase from September through to Christmas, this lovely phenomena means as parents, we need to get somewhat organised, stress less and have FUN!
Pink Poppy would like to share some of their insights, tips and tricks to enjoy this coming party season!
Save the Date notices and Invitations
If YOU are hosting a party at home or outsourcing to an external venues, we recommend to send a Save the Date email or a simple card to everyone you would like to invite. The Save the Date notification can be sent up to two months in advance, as we know how busy spring / summer can get with children’s parties, not to mention School end of year concerts and Christmas parties! This way, your guests have a “heads-up” and they can add your party into their busy diaries. Invitations can follow, this also gives you time to plan, by providing a schedule to work to!
The second most important part of the party planning process is to secure a venue. It’s easy if you are planning a party at home, in the backyard or even at your local park. However, if you are looking to hire a venue, or go to a party venue, this means you must make a booking as soon as you agree on where to have the party.
As the party season gets into full swing, buying gifts in advance can save time, money and one’s stress levels. A great tip is to also buy gifts in bulk, when they are on sale. If you notice a toy / book / accessories sale is on, try to stock up as much as your budgets allows. Buy online too, that way you save time in going to the shops, and your gifts are delivered to your door! Check out www.pinkpoppy.com.au for some great gift ideas, at even better prices. Pink Poppy and little brother brand, TONO have an awesome range of party gifts, with themes of fairies, mermaids, dinosaurs, sports, pirates and more. It’s easy to navigate, providing fast delivery and the experience is FUN!
“Party at Home” or the “Good Old Fashion Party”
- There is nothing quite like a party at home! The reality is that children love to host their parties at home too! Providing you feel confident in hosting a birthday party for your child, and their friends, the day can be relaxed, stress free and memorable as there is no real time limits, unfamiliar children or parents (like at shared party venues) hanging around, and you can do what you want!
- If you are unsure about wrangling a bunch of excited children, a “party character” is always a good option for your party at home. Invite a pirate over to exhaust your overly-energetic eight year old boys, or a beautiful fairy character to create magic, sing songs and thread jewellery necklaces with your five year old little girls!
- Pink Poppy is ideal for the “Party at Home”. You can be creative and craft your own party setting, party games and activities with their amazing range of party essentials, from hats, cups, plates, serviettes, party favours to games, prizes, beautiful dress ups, necklaces, accessories and more! Whether it is a fairy party, a butterfly or mermaid party, a dinosaur party or superheros theme, create your party, your way and make your child’s party wishes come true!
Pink Poppy recommends this time line for a fool proof guide to a successful party….
- Up to eight weeks out – send out those “Save the Date” notices.
- Four weeks out – Lock in a venue and a theme, and then send invitation out. If you are looking at employing a Party Character Host, now is the time to lock them in too.
- Three weeks out – Organise and buy table settings, decorations, party favours, games and activities. Organise your child’s costume (if applicable). You may need to hit the shops to find the perfect “party outfit”! Check out www.pinkpoppy.com.au for some lovely inspiration!
- Two weeks out – Design a menu. Decide on a cake. If you are having the cake made, now is the time to book it in, as cake makers and bakeries get booked out quickly too! If you are making the cake at home, research some fun ideas in cake books, which match your theme and are achievable! If you are ordering helium balloons, book them in. Now is a good time to ask for RSVP’s to come in for catering purposes!
- One week out – Tidy up the garden if you are hosting your party outside. Ensure fences, gates and pool gates are in good working order. Finalise menus. Shop for non-perishables. Make name tags (if appropriate).
- Two days out –Buy perishables, fruits, ice creams, lollies etc. Make up lolly bags. Start cooking. Depending on your menus, you can cook and store in air tight containers items like cupcakes, choc crackles, quiches, pop corn, etc Write a run sheet for your party, scheduling games, free play, serving of food / drinks, cake time etc, your Party Character Host can work with you on this, if applicable.
- One day before – Start to decorate your party space (depending on weather conditions, living conditions etc) Check you have everything you need to make TOMORROW a success!
- On the day – Pick up helium balloons (if ordered), blow up other balloons, set table, prepare the remainder of the menu, ice & decorate the cake, set the games out and create the scene, relax, let the party fun begin and ENJOY!!