Mum shares her disappointment after she received her young sons school photo’s and they looked nothing like him. But some parents don’t see it at all….
The Brisbane mum claimed she forked out $130 on the photos — but thought the investment was worth it, she told Kidspot.
“I want to remember my children as they were on that day. We want to capture that moment in time and look back to how they were at that age,” the mum-of-three said.
When the photos arrived last week, the 31-year-old was horrified by the results.
“It’s not my son. It’s not the little guy I see every single day,” she said.
“I couldn’t believe how airbrushed he looked.”
Kelly said it looks like her son’s freckles had been removed and his skin smoothed out. She claims his jaw has also been edited out and that his nose flattened so only “two nostrils in the middle of his face” remain.
“It’s just so wrong that anyone thinks they should be removed,” Kelly said.
“Little things like that are what make our kids special and unique.
“It’s so disappointing.”
Kelly told Kidspot, “Airbrushing kids should not be allowed. The negative effects of photoshopping are well-known.
“They definitely shouldn’t be doing it at such a young age. It’s setting them up for self-esteem issues later in life.
“Kids today have enough pressure growing up in the world of social media where everything is filtered.”
Mums are confused by her claims
People are confused by the mums claims, saying they can’t see anything wrong with the image at all.
– “It’s an overexposed photo in harsh lighting which is why there is no definition of the jaw. School photographers don’t have time to airbrush hundreds of kid’s photos. They want to take your money, take one photo and that’s it!”
– “Am I missing something! Apart from soft skin tones, (probably stripped out the reds a little too much in lightroom) it looks exactly like him, I was expecting a heap of obvious freckles photoshopped, but his skin looks normally flawless. I’m confused… ”
– “Omgosh, seriously! I’ve seen a lot worse school photos than that would have benefited from airbrushing.”
– “What a joke haha nothing wrong with the pic.”
– “Yup. Photographers have the time to airbrush and individually edit hundred of kids photos, For no reason at all. (sarcasm)”
– “It’s just the lighting!”
Share your comments below.