Have you ever wondered what happens to you and baby in Week 12 of pregnancy?
To read week 11, please click here.
Here is a detailed list of Week 12 pregnancy facts:
- A skeleton of cartilage is forming.
- The gallbladder secretes bile from the fetus.
- The lungs are completely formed.
- The thyroid gland and pancreas are now complete.
- If the forehead is touched, the fetus will turn its head away.
- The liver is functioning to make blood cells.
- This organ accounts for about 10 percent of the entire weight of the fetus.
- The baby is now five centimeters long.
- The baby has developed sexual organs that will later show whether it is male or female.
- The baby’s heartbeat is now beating at between 110 and 160 beats per minute.
- Now, your baby can suck its thumb. A quarter of pregnancy weight is now gained between week 12 and week 20.
For more information please take a look at this video: