Have you ever wondered what happens to you and baby in Week 16 of pregnancy?
To read Week 15, please click here.
Here is a detailed list of Week 16 pregnancy facts:
- You may feel your baby’s first movements now.
- They seem like a fluttering bubbling sensation.
- A dark line may appear down the center of your abdomen called Linea Nigra.
- This will disappear after birth.
- Your baby is now covered in a fine downy hair called Lanugo.
- It is that that this baby’s hair maintains the baby’s right body temperature.
- It is possible to find out the baby’s sex through an ultra sound scan.
- Checks for twins will also be done now as well.
- The fetus is now 16 cm long and weighs 135 grams.
- Your baby’s facial features are still developing.
- The chin is still small and the mouth is wide in comparison, the eyes are huge, closed, and spaced wide apart.
For more information please view this video: