Have you ever wondered what happens to you and baby in Week 21 of pregnancy?
To read Week 20, please click here.
Here is a detailed list of Week 21 pregnancy facts:
- The fetus is very active now and you will probably feel it kicking quite easily.
- If this disturbs you at night, stroke your tummy and talk to your baby.
- It will be soothed by the sounds of your voice.
- The fetus is now around 28 centimeters long and weighs about 390 grams.
- You should be able to see your abdomen ripple as your baby moves.
- There could be some slight breathlessness as your expanding ribcage pushes upwards, giving your lungs less room.
- Your energy levels should now start to improve so you can now start planning your nursery.
- Common complaints at this stage may be heartburn, burning feeling in your chest, worse when you lie down. Common in the last few months of pregnancy when hormones cause the valve at the top of your stomach to relax which allows stomach acid to pass back to the oesophagus.
- Itching, your skin around your baby bump, as your belly grows and the skin stretches. This can be calmed by a natural moisturiser.
For more information please view: