Have you ever wondered what happens to you and baby in Week 20 of pregnancy?
To read week 19, please click here.
Here is a detailed list of Week 20 pregnancy facts:
- Your breasts are likely to increase as much as two sizes during pregnancy.
- There may be small bumps that appear around the nipples.
- These are sebaceous glands which secretes sebum, a fatty lubricant.
- As your pregnancy progresses, your nipples will become softer in preparation for breastfeeding.
- A yellow fluid called colostrum may leak from your breasts now.
- The uterus is enlarging rapidly and your navel may be flattened or pushed out. It will stay that way until after birth.
- Heartburn may become a problem now because the uterus is starting to push on the stomach.
- Vernix, a white greasy substance is starting to form over the fetus. This protects baby skin from the amniotic fluid and wears off after birth.
- Your baby is now 25.5 centimeters long and now weighs 340 grams.
For more information please see this video: