Have you ever wondered what happens to you and baby in Week 28 of pregnancy?
To read Week 27, please click here.
Here is a detailed list of week 28 pregnancy facts:
- Your baby is now fully formed and would be viable if born at 28 weeks although the body systems are still very immature.
- The heart is beating at around 150 beats per minute.
- Your baby is roughly 37 centimeters long and weighs 900 grams.
- Your breasts are now producing colostrum, the fluid that precedes breast milk.
- If your breasts are leaking, use breast pads or fold tissues inside your bra.
- You may be screened at your next antenatal visit for anemia via a blood test. Now is the time to consider your birth plan.
For more information please view this video: