Have you ever wondered what happens to you and baby in Week 37 of pregnancy?
To read Week 36, please click here.
Here is a detailed list of Week 37 pregnancy facts:
- Between weeks 36 and 38, the baby’s head is likely to engage.
- This is when it settles downward deep in your pelvis, ready for the birth.
- You should feel some relief from the pressure in your abdomen when this happens which is why it is sometimes referred to as lightening.
- Breathing will be easier now as the baby is no longer putting pressure on your diaphragm and lungs.
- The fine hair that covers your baby body is beginning to wear off now.
- The fetus has started to produce a hormone called cortisone which will help the lungs to become fully matured and help with breathing at birth.
- Baby is now 47 centimeters long and weighs 2.7 kilograms.
For more information please view this video: