Have you ever wondered what happens to you and baby in Week 39 of pregnancy?
To read Week 38, please click here.
Here is a detailed list of Week 39 pregnancy facts:
- The fetus can now function on its own although it’s still getting nourishment from the placenta.
- Baby is now in position for birth and is roughly 49 centimeters long and weighs 3.1 kilograms.
- The waiting is nearly over and you will probably feeling both excited and apprehensive about the birth.
- Braxton Hicks contractions may start as the cervix softens in readiness for the birth.
- Now might be a good time to familiarise yourself with complications on birth, i.e, forceps delivery, vacuum extraction etc, so you are prepared.
For more information please watch this video: