Have you ever wondered what happens in your pregnancy week by week?
Are you interested to know what happens in your body? The below is a detailed list of week 5 pregnancy facts:
At this point, a pregnancy test can confirm the pregnancy, this is the test that measure the level of your pregnancy hormone Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin (HCG), that is present in your urine. This test can be carried out as soon as you reach the day your next period should have started.
You may see your doctor or purchase a take-home test kit from your local pharmacy. If your test is positive, please see your doctor so he or she can make arrangements for ante natal classes and care for your baby’s birth.
- Your baby is about the size of an apple seed and is now called an embryo and has a beating heart of its own.
- The placenta and the umbilical cord are in full operation.
- You would be shocked to see how rapidly your baby is developing.
- The head and the tail folds are distinct, the primary brain vesicles formed.
- The nervous system begins to develop.
- 2 heart tubes are fused in the midline and begin to contract.
- The spinal column and brain have begun to grow and the blood vessels have develop which will become the heart.
- The embryo is 4 millimeters long.
The early pregnancy symptoms to watch out for are:
- As your body is adapting to being pregnant, you may feel overwhelmingly tired.
- Your breasts may tingle or feel tender rather as they do before your period and your nipples will become darker in color while veins appear more noticeable.
- Some women get a strange metallic taste in their mouth whilst others go off certain foods like tea and coffee.
- Nausea or even physical sickness in the morning may start to occur, some women have all day sickness as well.
- Around this time, your doctor can calculate a due date by calculating 40 weeks since the first day of your last period.
For more take a look at this video:
If you are pregnant we wish you a safe and healthy pregnancy and if you are trying to fall pregnant we wish you all the best.