Are you wondering what you may be feeling, or what your baby is doing when you’re 6 weeks pregnant?
To read week 5, please click here.
Are you interested to know what happens in your body? The below is a detailed list of week 6 pregnancy facts:
- Your little embryo is dropping its calling card.
- This is the week that physical sensations of pregnancy usually appear – nausea, sore breasts, fatigue and frequent urination are all signs of this incredible growth process.
- The embryo looks more like a tadpole than a human but the body is growing rapidly.
- The head, tail, arm, bottom are easily recognisable.
- The object vesicles and lenses formed, lymph buds are present.
- The earliest form of the liver, pancreas, lungs, thyroid gland and heart appear.
- Blood circulation is well established. The heart bulges from the body.
- The central brain hemispheres are enlarging.
- In the stomach area, the primary intestinal loop is present.
- The embryo is now the size of your little fingernail.
In these few weeks in the first month of pregnancy, so much is happening, just because you don’t see your belly growing don’t be fooled into thinking there’s nothing going on that needs your attention.
For more information take a look at this video:
If you are pregnant we wish you a safe and healthy pregnancy and if you are trying to fall pregnant we wish you all the best.