Hello!

11 Comments

The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission are advising parents of a recall on LED fidget spinners as they do ‘not have a secure battery compartment’.

The fidget spinners affected are ones made by Nebula Trading Co LTD and purchased via Groupon between May and June 2017.

Parents are being warned that the fidget spinners in question are potentially deadly and that they should look for a refund via Groupon.

The recall notice states “If young children gain access to the button batteries and ingest them, they may suffer internal burn injuries which can result in serious illness and even death,

“In addition, the batteries may pose a choking hazard to young children.”

If you have one of the affected fidget spinners, please cease use immediately and contact Groupon in regards to a refund.

SHARE your thoughts with us in the comments below.

  • these things get sold at markets and stuff too so it would be hard to advise those people about the recall. i have seen the cheap ones with the flash lights and break open the moment that they are dropped on the ground.

    Reply

  • Very worrying, thank you for the update.

    Reply

  • Hopefully this particular brand is only sold by Groupon.
    They are originally designed for disabled children who has sensory problems.

    Reply

  • No fidget spinners in our home – glad there has been a recall – good notice for the community.

    Reply

  • Clearly we need to change how things are tested before they are sold!

    Reply

  • There are so many things being recalled that can cause serious harm to children. Why aren’t they properly checked before being released. It’s scary

    Reply

  • I’m sure fidget spinners will die in the dust soon, just like loom bands did

    Reply

  • I think the craze that is fidget spinners will fizz out very quickly. The momentum built quickly, but I think the reality of the dangers and issues associated, mean it will die a quick death.

    Reply

  • If the battery can fall off, it looks really scary indeed!!

    Reply

  • This is very scary. If a small child swallows a battery, the consequences can be fatal. How do these products enter the marketplace?

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join