Quick and easy Amaretti Biscuits, an Italian favourite!
Ingredients (makes 24 )
- 300g Almond Meal
- 130g Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Handful Glace Cherries - cut in half
- Pour sugar and almond meal into large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites and vanilla paste with a fork about 10-15 times.
- Pour wet mixture into sugar and almond meal and mix with your hands until it becomes paste like.
- Roll into balls about the size of 20c piece, roll in icing sugar then indent with your finger and place half glace cherry in each biscuit. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Cook for 15-16 minutes at 170° fan forced oven.
- Allow to cool then enjoy!