An easy entertaining idea for a quick Italian inspired antipasto platter. This recipe brings your platter to life, turning it into a fresh seasonal salad with crunchy rosemary baked croutons.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 loaf of crusty bread, torn into 4-5cm pieces
- 1/3 cup cup virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 heads of curly leaf lettuce or 1 x 200g bag of salad mix
- 700g IGA antipasto ingredients including sun dried tomatoes, olives, roasted capsicum, artichokes, roasted eggplant, baby bocconcini
- 6 slices of thinly sliced prosciutto
- 100g of thinly sliced chorizo sausage
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 long cucumber, sliced
- ½ bunch of parsley, leaves picked
- 100g block of parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Place the chunks of bread into a bowl, combine the olive oil, rosemary leaves, garlic and salt and pepper in a food processor and blend to combine, tip this over the bread and with your hands toss the bread with the rosemary oil and the sliced chorizo. Place the bread onto a tray and bake until golden brown for about 15 minutes.
- Wash and drain the lettuce and place it into a large serving bowl, scatter over the antipasto mix, prosciutto, the chorizo, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber and with a peeler shave the parmesan scattering this over the top.
- Top this with the chunky rosemary croutons and the parsley and serve.