- Serves 8
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
Apple Pie is such a versatile dessert! Filled with Granny Smith Apples, a touch of spice and topped with a delicious flaky puff pastry … what’s not to love?
Top off a family roast dinner with a slice of Apple Pie served with double cream and ice cream or custard. Pack a cold apple pie and a jar of fresh pouring cream into your picnic hamper. Or serve small slices with cream with a dessert fork at a baby shower or high tea.
Thanks to MoM Member Steph for sharing this beautiful recipe; an easy and delicious homemade apple pie the whole family will enjoy.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 320g Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 170g Cold butter, cubed
- 8 tbsp Ice water
- 1kg Granny Smith apples, cored and peeled
- 150g Sugar
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Egg, beaten
Notes... *I dice the apples because my children are young and prefer it that way but you could just as easily slice them. *I highly recommend serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl until combined.
- Add in cubed butter and break up into flour with a fork. Mixture will still have lumps.
- Gradually add the ice water and continue to mix until the dough starts to come together. You may not need all of the water.
- Work the dough together with your hands and turn out onto a prepared surface. Work dough into a ball and cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Either slice or dice apples. In a bowl, add apples, sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and juice from the lemon.
- Mix until combined and the apples are coated. Refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- On a floured surface, cut the pie dough in half and roll out each portion until round and roughly 3mm thick.
- Place one portion of pie dough into a pie dish. Pour in apple filling. Pat down.
- Place the other dough portion on top. Trim any extra dough and ensure the edges are crimped together.
- Brush the pie with the beaten egg and sprinkle a little extra sugar on top.
- Cut slits in the pie to create a vent then bake for about 50 minutes or until the crust is golden and cooked.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
If you love this Apple Pie Recipe, you might like to check out a few other recipes that use apples:
Recipe Homemade Apple Pie
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.