Super quick and delicious, this Bacon, Mushroom and Basil Penne has classic flavours that will always please.
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 120g bacon, diced
- 30g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 20g grated fresh parmesan
- 100ml cream
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Splash white wine
- 1 cup of plain flour (using Phillips pasta cup)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli oil
- 1/4 bunch basil
- For the penne: Using the penne disc in the Phillips pasta and noodle maker add 1 cup of flour. Start the machine. Using the liquid cup add the egg and oil and fill with water to the 95ml fill line. Drizzle into the machine. As the pasta extrudes use the tool to cut the penne into lengths. Boil the penne in plenty of salted water.
- For the sauce: Fry the bacon, garlic and onion for a few minutes till golden. Add the mushrooms and fry for a further few minutes, then add the wine, cream and basil and heat through.
- To serve: either stir the sauce through the pasta or serve the sauce on top. Sprinkle with extra parmesan.