- Serves 6
- 1.20 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This is delicious cooked on the bbq
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 teas ground mixed peppercorns
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 2 teas chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 cups bbq sauce
- 1.4 kg piece beef scotch fillet
- Preheat barbecue to high, leaving hood closed. Tie beef with kitchen string at 4cm intervals (to maintain shape during cooking). Combine oil, pepper, mustard, thyme and 1/2 cup sauce in a flameproof roasting pan. Add beef. Turn to coat
- Transfer beef to barbecue chargrill, reserving oil mixture. Cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Return beef to pan. Reduce heat to low. Baste beef with oil mixture. Cook, covered, for 1 hour for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove beef. Cover with foil. Stand for 15 minutes. Slice. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce.