- Makes 12
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
These cookies include Barley+, a brand-new range of wholegrain muesli and muesli bars called Barley+, which brings new innovation to the health food aisle.This new range is truly innovative, as it includes a superior wholegrain called BARLEYmax™ as its key ingredient.
BARLEYmax™ was developed by Australia’s CSIRO as part of their research into grains with higher fibre content and enhanced nutritional benefits. Freedom Foods Group has partnered exclusively with Coles to sell this exciting new product range.
How Can Barley+ Benefit Your Digestive Health?
Just one 50g serve of Barley+ Muesli delivers almost 2 serves of wholegrains, putting you well on target to your recommended daily intake. The wonderful mix of the three fibre types, including resistant starch feeds your good gut bacteria, in turn keeping your gut healthy. Scientists are uncovering all sorts of knockon effects that come from having good gut bugs, not just for gut health, but for overall wellbeing.
Ingredients (makes 12 cookies)
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Large egg, free range or organic
- 1 tsp Mixed spice
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- ¼ tsp Bicarb soda
- 2 cups Freedom Foods Barley+ Porridge Traditional barley & oats
- 1 cup Wholemeal flour
- ¼ cup Low fat milk
- 80g Dark chocolate, chopped into chips
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 2. In a food processor blend the extra virgin olive oil, maple syrup and egg.
- 3. Add the mixed spice, vanilla bean paste, bicarb soda, 1 cup of barley & oats porridge, the flour and the milk. Process for 30 seconds or so to combine.
- 4. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir through the second cup of barley & oats and the dark chocolate chips. If the mixture is too thick add a splash more of milk.
- 5. Using an ice-cream scoop, spoon portions of the cookie mixture onto the prepared tray and flatten slightly to form a rough cookie shape. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- 6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the tray. Once cooled the cookies will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Meeting your wholegrain and fibre requirements is easy and most importantly delicious with the Barley+ range! The muesli collection comprises of: Cranberry & Nuts Muesli, Pink Lady & Macadamia Muesli and Traditional Porridge. The snack bar range includes: Cranberry & Almond, Pink Lady & Chai, Seven Seeds, and Wild Berry & Yoghurt.