- Serves 2
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Homemade Teriyaki sauce is heathier and yummier too!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 slice (200gm) Beef rump steak
- 1 cup Mixed vegetables (Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and long beans)
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Cold water
- To make teriyaki sauce, mix all ingredients except cornstarch and the cold water in a sauce pan and heat on low heat. Combine cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve. Add to sauce in the pan.Stir until sauce thickens. Set aside.
- Spread a generous amount of the sauce on the rump steak and grill the steak to your liking.
- Remove rump steak from grill pan and toss in vegetables and cook them until they are soft, and fully covered with the teriyaki sauce that was left from grilling the rump steak.
- Assemble and serve!
My husband loves Teriyaki sauce but I was concerned that he is eating too much MSG from those pre packaged sauce... So voila!