- Serves 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
This recipe makes a great base to use every time you make a stir fry. Take a look at my suggested variations. You will never need another stir fry recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (in jar)
- 450g very lean rump strips
- 1 cup each snow peas, mushrooms sliced, red capsicum sliced, small broccoli florets
- 1 cup bok choy coarsely chopped
- ½ cup shallots sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce 43% less salt
- 2 tablespoons hoi sin sauce
- 1 dessertspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt chicken stock powder
- ¾ cup water
- Sauté ginger and garlic for 1 minute in non-stick fry pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Add beef strips and sauté till cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In same frypan spray again, stir fry capsicum and broccoli for 3 minutes then add in remaining vegetables, toss until tender crisp.
- Stir in wine, soy sauce, hoi-sin sauce and sugar into pan.
- Combine cornflour, stock powder and water together then add to pan, bring to boil mixing well.
- Serve with boiled rice or noodles.
Variations to try: Replace rump with 450g skinless chicken breast OR replace hoi sin and soy sauce with ¾ cup plum sauce OR replace hoisin sauce with oyster sauce OR for a vegetarian stir fry omit meat and replace stock powder with vegetable stock powder and add 1 cup celery sliced, 1 cup carrots sliced and 1 cup bean shoots extra.