- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A lovely colour for a sweet enjoyable soup!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 can diced beetroot (450-500 grams)
- 1 parsnip, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 sweet potato, skin removed and diced
- 1 litre vegetable stock, or water
- 1 cucumber, diced
- In a big saucepan, gently fry the onion and the garlic.
- Add parsnip and sweet potato. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add beetroot, vegetable stock and salt. Bring to boil and cook for around half an hour.
- Let it cool down a little bit, then coarsely blend the soup with a hand held mixer.
- Pour the beetroot soup into serving bowls, top with the diced cucumber and enjoy!
You can use fresh beetroot if you prefer. Enjoy it with some grissini! :-)