- Makes 12
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
A vibrant addition to any table anytime. How good do those fresh berries look on that crispy pavlova?
Ingredients (makes 12 Very Berry Mini Pavs)
- 6 Egg Whites (be really careful there is no yolk at all in the whites)
- 270g Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract or Essence
- 300ml Thickened Cream
- 1 punnet Blueberries
- 1 punnet Blackberries
- 1 punnet Raspberries
- Use an electric mixer to beat egg whites in a very dry, clean mixing bowl (not metal) until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition, until meringue is thick, shiny and the sugar has fully dissolved.
- Add cornflour, vinegar and vanilla and whisk until just combined.
- Place spoonfuls of meringue onto a foil or baking paper lined tray. Keep the dollops quite small as they will spread slightly when cooking.
- Bake in oven for 11/2 hours or until pavlovas are dry to the touch. Turn off oven. Leave pavlova in oven with the door ajar to cool completely.
- When completely cold, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of berries.
- If you like the idea of a drizzle of berry coulis, simply blend a few together and then spoon over the other berries. Or you could add a teaspoon of hot water to some raspberry jam to make a drizzle. Or you could really cheat and use a little strawberry or raspberry topping (!)
- Add a few little sprigs of micro herbs for colour and voila!