- Serves 16
- 65 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
If you’re after a favourite go-to recipe for Caramel Slice, THIS IS IT!
Ingredients (serves 16)
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- ½ cup (110g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, melted
- 100g extra butter
- 2 x 395g cans NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup (80mL) golden syrup
- 1pkt (180g) NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICES Dark CHUNKS, melted
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven 180°C/160°C fan forced. Lightly grease a 28cm x 18cm lamington pan; line base and sides with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and coconut. Add butter, mix well. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool.
- Combine extra butter, NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk and golden syrup in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Pour over base. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until caramel is golden brown. Cool.
- Combine melted NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICES Dark CHUNKS and oil, stir until smooth, pour evenly over caramel. Refrigerate to set. Cut into squares to serve