- Serves 6
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
This is a lovely special treat. The Rafferty’s Garden Blueberries, Banana & Apple Smooth Range pouch plus the added blueberries adds a wonderful nutritious element to these divine pancakes. The caramel sauce can be substituted for maple or rice malt syrup if you prefer (the choice is entirely yours).
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 cups self-raising flour (Note: gluten free can be used as well)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 cup caster sugar (Note: stevia can be used if preferred to sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pouch Rafferty's Garden Blueberries, Banana & Apple Smooth Range or Rafferty's Garden Pear & Superberries Smooth Range
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, partially thawed, plus extra to serve or you may choose to use fresh
- 25g butter, melted, for brushing
- FOR THE CARAMEL SAUCE
- 80g butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup pure cream
- Sift flour and bicarb into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well.
- Whisk eggs, milk and Rafferty's Garden Blueberries, Banana & Apple Smooth Range pouch in a jug. Add to flour mixture. Whisk. Fold in blueberries.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan (med-low heat). Brush pan with a little melted butter. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into pan. Repeat to make 2 pancakes. Cook for around 3 minutes or until bubbles form on top. Turn. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with alfoil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing pan with melted butter between batches, to make 12 pancakes.
- Meanwhile, make Caramel Sauce. Melt butter in a small saucepan over med-high heat. Add sugar. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Add cream. Stir to combine. Simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- Serve pancakes with drizzled caramel sauce and top with extra blueberries.
Recipe Blueberry Pancakes with Caramel Sauce
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.