- Makes 1
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Bread sauce is delicious with leftover turkey. Quick, easy and creamy with a subtle flavour.
Ingredients (makes 1 cup)
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 slices bread/ make breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp cream
- 1/2 tsp cranberry sauce
- Push cloves into onion and place in saucepan with milk and bay leaf.
- Bring to the boil, do not boil over, remove from heat/turn off. Leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove the onion and bay leaf and discard.
- Add breadcrumbs to the pan, add salt and pepper to taste. Return to heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in cream.
- Serve with the cranberry sauce on top.
Leftover turkey can be dry; I make this bread sauce to eat with the turkey. I love the subtle flavour and creamy texture of this sauce.