- Serves 6
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
A tasty vegetarian dish with delicious sprinklings of tangy-savory lemon-garlic breadcrumbs on top.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 packet penne pasta
- 1 bunch broccoli cut into small florets
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1/3 milk
- 1 cup coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425. Oil a deep ovenproof dish. Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Add broccoli for last 5 minutes of pasta cooking time and drain. Rinse pasta and broccoli under cold water.
- Combine pasta, broccoli, eggs, cream, milk and cheddar in large bowl and season.
- Spoon mixture into dish, sprinkle with combined breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic, rind and parsley.
- Bake, uncovered, about 40 minutes or until browned lightly.