- Difficulty Easy
This quick, easy, super tasty and super nutritious pesto is a fabulous way to get broccoli into your kids diet without them even knowing it!
The high antioxidant content also make it a great addition to any healthy diet, especially when pregnant or breastfeeding when your nutritional demand is high.
¼ cup almond meal
1 ½ cups broccoli florets
1 cup fresh basil
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 tsp pink salt
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup parmesan, grated
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Add broccoli florets and simmer for about 2 minutes or until bright green.
- Transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Remove florets from iced water and pat dry.
- Place broccoli in a food processor along with almond meal, basil, garlic and salt then pulse until mixture forms a chunky paste.
- Gradually add the olive oil until becomes smooth.
- Add the parmesan and pulse until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Stir through pasta, add to sandwiches or serve as a snack with sliced carrot and celery or crackers.