Here’s a great recipe for Butternut Pumpkin Soup using the Avancer Soup Maker.
Now that we’re heading into the colder months, it’s all about delicious, warm comfort food! Soup is one of my favourites… but making it from scratch can take a long time.
That’s why we’ve introduced the Avancer Soup Maker. This nifty kitchen appliance does all the hard work for you and will have your favourite soups ready in no time.
So how does it work? Well, a soup maker is more-or-less a hot and cold blender. What this means is that like your traditional blender, it will make delicious smoothies and wonderful milkshakes. But, unlike most blenders, a soup maker also lets you cook your ingredients while blending them. And you’re not just limited to soup either: you can make a dip, curry paste, chutney… the options are endless.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 halved and deseeded butternut pumpkin
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 halved small potato
- 1 garlic head
- 1 parsnip
- 1/3 cup carrot, chopped in 2-3 cm pieces
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tsp Indian spice mix
- 2 tbsp sliced fresh ginger
1. Lightly oil the pumpkin, onion, potato, garlic and parsnip and roast for an hour at 150C.
2. Remove vegetables from oven. Remove the skin from the pumpkin and chop all veggies into 2–3 cm pieces.
3. Add everything to the Soup Maker, making sure not to overfill it.
4. Press the ‘Smooth’ button. The Soup Maker will automatically heat the ingredients and blend them to a pre-set programme. This process will take approximately 25-30 minutes.
5. Serve with 1 dollop of sour cream and toasted Turkish bread.