- Makes 12
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This is our go-to recipe for chewy chocolate chip cookies. Comforting, slightly chewy, moorish, and very easy to make. Perfect for afternoon tea, midnight snacks, and ideal to make ahead/freeze for surprise guests.
Ingredients (makes 12 cookies)
- ½ cup butter (115g), melted
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup choc chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the two sugars, salt, and butter until the mixture is creamy and pale.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, then add the flour and baking soda and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop enough dough to make each cookie then place them, well-spaced, onto the tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to slightly brown. It won’t look done, but it is, if you want a delicious chewy cookie.
- Cool completely before taking it off the trays. Enjoy!
Raw cookie dough is perfect for the freezer and so handy to have ready to go for impromptu guests. Make a double batch of these cookies, roll chilled dough into a long log, and slice or roll into individual balls. Allow 30 min for thawing on a lined baking tray. Once at room temperature, bake as per recipe.