A deliciously soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe that leaves you unable to stop at just one!
Ingredients (makes 8 cookies)
- 140g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Corn Flour
- 90g Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 70g Light Brown Sugar
- 50g White Sugar
- 1 Egg (At room temp)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100g NESTLÉ Dark Chocolate Bits
- Extra Chocolate Chips to add before baking
- Mix together in a bowl the flour, bicarb soda, salt and corn flour until combined.
- In another bowl - whisk the melted butter with the brown and white sugar for approximately 1 minute or until the mixture is consistent (texture will be gritty but no lumps will be evident).
- Add the egg and whisk until combined. Then add the vanilla and whisk again.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the chocolate bits and fold through so that they are evenly distributed. (The dough will be thick but evenly distributing the chocolate bits now will ensure that each cookie has enough chocolatey goodness!)
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap (leaving it in the bowl is fine) and refrigerate for a minimum of 1.5 hours. (Chilling will ensure that the cookie stays thick during baking to achieve the deliciously soft chewy texture).
- When ready to cook - preheat your oven to 175 degrees (fan forced) and remove the cookie dough from the fridge for around 10 minutes so it softens slightly. Line a cookie tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- Scoop out cookie dough and roll in your hands to form a ball that is slightly taller than it is wide. (Having a taller cookie dough ball will ensure that as the dough cooks, it stays nice and thick in the middle for that perfect chewy texture). Place each dough ball on the cookie tray approximately 8cm apart. Press a few of the extra chocolate chips on the top of each dough ball.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for approximately 10 minutes. The cookie should be lightly browned on the edges and look blonde or slightly undercooked in the middle. Remove from the oven and let rest on the cookie tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.